I’m not at Coachella this year (ok fine, or any year…), but I do wholeheartedly believe in the power of festival season and all it brings to spring wardrobes each April. Weekend 1 is officially over, but I decided to round up some of my favorite looks that you will still have time to order for Weekend 2, for those of you who are going! Sure, it’s no secret that if you’re going to Coachella you better bring some serious style game. Two things I have to say about that: (1) Original style is imperative and (2) keep in mind that it is a MILLION degrees on the Indio polo fields before crowds and sweaty dudes dancing next to you.
A few words of advice, because I’ve been to Stagecoach, which is basically Coachella except suffered in cowboy boots:
- Don’t do rompers, pants, high waisted shorts, or anything else that’s really tight there. (Can we go there?) It’s an all day situation and once you commit to sweating in your outfit, you’re pretty much stuck with what you’ve got. Plus, no one wants to chafe in the desert. (Yeah… never thought I would ever write that in a blog post!)
- Your bag is EVERYTHING. Opt for a crossbody or shoulder bag that you can wear as a crossbody, and make sure it’s something that you can keep all of your life lines in: a portable phone charger, this face spray, ID’s, $$, a baby hairbrush, hairspray, powder, deoderant wipes, etc. This drawstring bag is the perfect Coachella pick; it’s from Lou Lou Boutiques and retails for only $35. (Plus, enter ‘CandC10’ at checkout and get 10% off of that!) The drawstring tassels make it the perfect bag to pull closed to keep pickpocketers out, and the cognac color is to DIE for. But the best part, though, is that it comes with an attached ID holder (I’ve kept mine it out in these pics so you can see how SUPER convenient it is.) Rummaging through your bag at security gets really annoying, especially if your purse is a black hole… like mine. Keep your cards in the cute little attached ID holder, keep it out when you’re passing through lines, and then throw it back in when you’re done! Easy peaz. This bag was made for festivals!
- Do wear flowy pieces… especially dresses. This one is called the Faye Side Slit Dress, and it’s from my new favorite store LAMODA101. It was actually awarded the best dress for Coachella of all time. No just kidding, I made that up. But I swear, it totally is. It’s a tank top mini dress layered under a flowy side-slit overlay, and it’s only $60. I will seriously wear this dress time and time again, and for so many occasions. It’s comfortable. And breezy. Are y’all catching my drift? LAMODA101 has a million Coachella-vibed dresses on their site, and all for amazing prices.
- Layer accessories for a Boho vibe. If you’re like me and prefer one piece over wearing several necklaces together, opt for a layered necklace, like this one from Shop Suey Boutique. This is the Mona necklace, and it’s convertible, so you can actually unhook each of these chains to wear different combinations of each layer. So cute, right?!
- Shoes. They HAVE to be comfy. I highly recommend a cute pair of breathable flats in an adorable print. These ones are from Chelsea’s Boutique and are SO comfortable. I could be on my feet all day in them, and I LOVE the blue monochrome look they give the chambray dress.
I’ll be back soon with more Coachella advice + cute pieces tomorrow! Until next time, babes.
Shop this Look:
Shoes: Chelsea’s Boutique
Bag: LouLou Boutiques (Enter ‘CandC10’ at checkout for 10% off!)
Necklace: Shop Suey Boutique